We are at the time of the year where we need to get the information to determine the number of athletes in North Carolina that will help to create the allotment numbers for the 2015 Region 8 Championship. However, there is a slight change to this year form and the gathering of information. This year the JOPC has mandated that each region send in their number of Level 8-10 gymnast to them by February 5. With this mandate from the JOPC, the Region 8 Board has decided to make a slight adjustment to how we get the number of athletes at each level for each club the following changes to the gather club numbers to not only get our allotment numbers to the Region 8 Championship, but also ensure we pass along the most accurate numbers to the JOPC.
For this reason, the general allotment form that you send in will also serve as your clubs state meet entry form. By sending in the athletes in your club that will be competing at the state championship, we will have the most accurate numbers possible to determine each states allotment numbers as well as numbers to send in to the JOPC.
Here are the specifics regarding the filling out of the form as well as it you will handle payment for state championship:
General Allotment Form and State Championship Entry Form Information:
- You must USE NC Men’s Website (on link as well as competition page)
- Do not modify the form or change anything on it. The form also has directions on how to fill it out
- Our states allotment is based on the total number of athletes that turned in on the form by the deadline.
- A gym that does not turn in the form or athletes are not listed on the form by the required date, will void the gyms or specific athletes opportunity to attend the 2015 Region 8 Championship, but they will still be allowed to attend the State Championship.
- All Level 4 – 10 athletes that will be competing at the state championship must be listed on the form.
- ONLY Level 5-10 will be eligible to attend the Region 8 Championship.
- The level 4 need to be listed as this also is the state championship entry form.
- If an athlete is unable to compete in states due to an injury, but you plan to petition him to Regionals he MUST be listed on the form
- For Level 8 -10, you will need to indicate whether they will be competing Junior Olympic (JO) or Junior Elite (JE)
- You also need to list the teams that will be competing at the state championship. (this has nothing to do with allotment, but since serves as state meet entry it needs to be there as well)
- If your club does not return the form or it is not filled out accurately, it will cost your athletes their spot at the 2015 Region 8 Championship
Important Dates To Adhere To:
***January 31st – All Entries will be due via email to Benji Stern (firstname.lastname@example.org)- please note NEW EMAIL ADDRES
***February 28, 2015 – Payments Due for NC Men’s State Championship (payments made out and sent to Foothills Gymnastics)
***March 10, 2015 – Deadline for Scratches and Refund Request
Not only will your athletes not be eligible for the Region 8 Championship, but you also hurt our state allotment numbers. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email me. Thanks for making this a priority.